Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The weekend of January 20th, 2012

I can't believe it's been over a month since my last post!! I must apologize but I really blame my husband, Frank. You see, he gave me a Cricut for Christmas. For those of you not familiar with the "Cricut", it is an electronic die cutting machine used for scrapbooking and cardmaking. So, since Christmas, that's what I've been doing in my spare time. Now it's time to set my Cricut aside so I can tell you about a major event happening this weekend in Defiance.

MOZART BY CANDLELIGHT 
Presented by Lima Symphony Orchestra
Sunday, January 22, 4:00pm at St. Mary's Catholic Church, 715 Jefferson Ave.,  Defiance.

Hundreds of glistening candles, intimate sacred spaces and the magnificence of Mozart's music combine for a truly spectacular experience. Enjoy Mozart's music as it was written to be performed, by the warm glow of candlelight in a glorious church. They will open the program with the Overture to Cosi fan tutte and conclude with Mozart's innovative and admired Symphony No. 40 in G minor.


The cost is $20.00 adults and $10.00 students. Tickets are available at St. Mary Parish office, Defiance Public Library, Kissner's, Defiance College, and The Defiance Development and Visitor's Bureau.

Now, I know this may sound a little steep but that's only because we're used to the many "free" events offered throughout the community. This will be worth every penny and I'm really hoping that the people of Defiance come out and show their support. I know, I know. The NFL Playoff games are on Sunday at the same time but, let's face it, there's always football. It's not that often that we  have the symphony orchestra performing locally so let's take advantage of this wonderful event.

For more information on Mozart by Candlelight, please visit the Lima Symphony Orchestra website, http://www.limasymphony.com/Mozart-Candlelight

Hope to see you there!!

Also, to keep up with other cultural events in Defiance (besides reading my blog) visit the Defiance Community Cultural Council's FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Defiance-Community-Cultural-Council/187812964649353



No comments:

Post a Comment